Thursday, August 25, 2011

I get by with a little help from my Friends..

I was reading a friend's blog recently and she wrote something that really stood out to me-- "all the big events in life bring out the best and worst in people... they make you realize who is in your corner for realz versus not at all" -- So true! I have learned the most about my friendships during these big events in my life. Especially my wedding and having a baby.

So I guess this post is just a big THANK YOU to all the special friends in my life. Particularly my girlfriends... I read a Twitter link today about "Girlfriends in God" and can say that I know my friends have been sent by God at times when I've needed them most.

I love the bible verse that this devotion used for friendship:

But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her (Ruth 1:16-18, NIV).

That is just so powerful to me! Even as Naomi was pushing Ruth away, she was a loyal, determined, constant friend. She rescued her from her own self. Who doesn't want a friend like that? I'm so grateful to have a couple.

Through all the changes in my life this past year... becoming a mother has been a process and at times I have gotten a little crazy and overwhelmed. These specific ladies were there to help me. Doing my hair, bringing me food, cleaning my house, I mean, they REALLY helped me. More than that they were an ear to listen and at times even a shoulder to cry on.

Sincerely, truly, Thank you.











































































2 comments:

  1. Awww thank you! I'm blessed to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful... I am proud of you.. Keep writing and keep inspiring others :)

    ReplyDelete