Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby Dedication

You must know by now, that faith is a huge part, if not the centerpiece of my life. What gets me through time and time again is knowing that my life is in God's hands and not just that I believe in God, but I believe God. I believe that he will take care of me, I believe that he is always here with me... I just believe. Since having my little boy, I am even more in awe of God's presence in my life and I am even more determined to share this faith with my son.


We go to a Christian Non-Denominational church called "New Season Christian Center". If you are ever in the Bronx and you want to check it out, you should! It's pretty awesome. Their Facebook page is here.



Anyway, we do something called a "Baby Dedication" ceremony which is a lot like a christening except baby doesn't get any water splashed on him. It is just a way of saying "Hey God, thanks for this child, he belongs to me but in reality he belongs to you and I promise to teach him all about you and leave him in your hands." It is a beautiful occasion but more importantly, it is a commitment that parents make along with any Godparents, family, and the church community. Last Sunday, we had Aiden's dedication ceremony and it was such a memorable experience.




I wanted him to wear all white because it is traditional and I think it looks really beautiful and is symbolic so I searched all over for the perfect outfit. I didn't want to get him one of those christening outfits with the satin pants and bow-tie because our church is pretty casual and we are more of a "preppy" style family. So I found some really nice white trousers, a button down that we rolled the sleeves up to the elbows and a white v-neck pullover sweater vest. He was adorable!There was a slide show with pictures of Aiden and our family shown during the ceremony... and then we repeated some promises ... "vows" to our baby about how we will always love and protect him. His Godparents; our dear friends Esteban and Caroline were also a part of the ceremony and it was really beautiful. At the end, our Pastor prayed a blessing over Aiden while I cried and cried tears of joy.




After the service, we had some of our family over to our place for a small celebration. Aiden's Godmother baked a cake and we shared food and fun. Aiden must have known the party was for him because he simply refused to take his nap while everyone was there. I'll never forget this day! Here are some pictures:






Godmother, Godfather, Prince Aiden, Daddy and Mama :)









Pastor Phil about to pray for Aiden









His first certificate! I'm going to hang it next to his Honor Roll awards and College Degree :)









A beautiful gift from his Grandma Mimo (my mom) - a baby dedication photo frame.












Awesome gift from his Godparents :)












The end of his special day; Aiden Kyle and Mama







"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27



























1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What an important part of Aiden's life.

    ReplyDelete