Monday, August 8, 2011

April Island


I enjoy a nice getaway as much as the next person... okay, maybe a little more than the next person... I love, love, love to get away especially if there will be a beach. Now, just to get in the mood, I'd like you to navigate away from this page and take a small musical break with Lenny Kravitz -- click here

Welcome back! Isn't that a great song? Anyway, lately I have been craving a tropical getaway and with work and a 3 month old baby to take care of, that really hasn't been possible. I am in such a need of cool, salty breezes... sand between my toes and a frozen drink with a little umbrella. I need to lay out with a good book and soak up the sun... (don't worry I won't send you on another musical break but that is a GREAT song by Sheryl Crow)

I have resorted to taking little imaginary getaways and have found a cool place I like to call "April Island". Yes, that's right - it's named after me cause it's my friggin island okay? There is a small, beachfront villa where I am staying and I sleep right on the beach in a hammock under the stars. There are no people on April Island except for the occasional massage therapist, hairstylist and gourmet chef. I spend mornings sipping my coffee indoors and afternoons sunbathing and swimming... I spend evenings reading, writing and eating great food. I don't need to get there by plane or by boat - I can just teleport there because let's face it - if I can have my own island I can also have super-powers. My 3 month old is always welcome on my island because he makes the vacay that much better. We spend countless moments just staring into each other's eyes and life is pretty darn great.

Here is a list of things April Island is certainly not lacking:
*Chocolate covered strawberries
* A library full of books
* White wine
* Good music
*A huge water slide
*Beautiful tropical fish
* Anything else I can imagine up from thin air

Just writing about it makes me want to take a break and go there right now... So that's it for this blog post. But seriously, do any of my readers know good baby-friendly getaway locations? Until then I'll be on April Island :)

No comments:

Post a Comment