Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tales of a Working Mama or Simply: I am TIRED!

I have a 6 month old son and while he does eat some baby food, he is breastfed exclusively. This means, no baby formula...


I have a 6 month old son who is supposed to drink milk that I pump for him and store in the refrigerator while I am away at work. I'm away from 7:45am until about 7pm and he is supposed to drink his bottles with Grandma.


He does NOT want his milk in a bottle... he is all like "WTH is this crap Grandma?" and he turns his nose up at it and seals his mouth shut and she has to perform all sorts of magic tricks to get him to drink it.

Drinking his Milky on the swings at the park

I have a 6 month old son who knows that I will be home eventually so he just waits until the evening to get his milk from "the source" instead. Since he isn't drinking much during the day, he makes up for it by getting up a lot more throughout the night.


I have a 6 month old son who wakes up every 2 or 3 hours and I haven't had a full night's sleep in so long and I am TIRED.


I have a 6 month old son who is "teething" and so when he wakes up to drink milk he sometimes cannot because his gums are hurting. I have to soothe him with some teething tablets, then feed him, and if that doesn't work I wake Daddy up so he can hold him and walk him around.


I do NOT sleep anymore....


I am TIRED.


I have a job at an amazing company and an awesome boss who has tolerated me for way too long.


I get to work late EVERY DAY... I drink too much coffee.


I am TIRED.


I have no time to iron my clothes or comb my hair... sometimes I put a little eye concealer and mascara on in the subway. On a really good day, there is even some blush! I am so hot I know.

Me in my cubicle today w/ my non-hairdo complete with dark circles. I have lip gloss on though!

I was in the conference room in a meeting today that went a little longer than I expected. You see, I have set times to go pump milk because my body isn't aware that my 6 month old is not with me. My body just knows that at certain times, we make milk and today that meeting cut right into the "milk time"


I have a hot pink blouse covered in milk now... I hope I was discreet about it during the meeting when I pulled my sweater closed and crossed my arms and continued talking with my company President about how I will be amazing at running my department while my supervisor is out for the next 3 months.


My supervisor is going on maternity leave and I have to juggle being a mom and being a good employee because I can't let anyone down.


But, I am TIRED.


I always forget something - my keys, my metro card, my wallet, my socks... yep I forgot socks today.

Yea that's right I took a pic of my feet. I wear basic black patent flats almost every day because I am sooo not a "shoe girl". My feet always hurt :/

I am TIRED ... just call me "Zombie Mom"


I need a manicure and an eyebrow wax soooo bad. I look like Burt.


As in "Burt and Ernie"... stay with me people!

I need a haircut too because apparently I am NOW after 6 months, experiencing postpartum hair loss.


When I get home, my boy just wants to be attached to me (both literally and figuratively) and I don't blame him... He has no idea why I up and leave him in the morning.


He fights his bed time because he hasn't seen me all day but he is TIRED.


When I get home, I have to run and cook dinner because I need food to survive. I also have to talk to my husband because after all, he needs me too.


This Mom stuff is no joke... this Career stuff is just too much some days. Today is one of those days. I am TIRED.


When I get home, I open the door and exclaim "Hi Honey!" and I see those blue eyes light up and that toothless smile and I hear my boy give a high-pitch belly laugh and realize that it's ME... that he is happy to see ME.


When I take him in my arms and he wiggles around excitedly, laughing and cooing as I sing to him, I know that I will do ANYTHING to see him laugh again.


And I am still TIRED ... but he is my anchor, he is everything, and it is all worth it. It really is :)

Mama loves you Aiden 

4 comments:

  1. But you're still tired! Lol.... Rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a super mom, and I'm in awe of you! I will be praying for your strength and health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Tommee Tippee bottles? Just feel the nipple on one of them, I promise you will be sold. Just a thought…xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there things will get better with time. Now in regards of getting some rest how about having your husband taking the little one to gymboree on saturdays for a couple of hours.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete