Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Cream Always Rises to the Top: Peace during conflicts with others


Let me explain... milk, undergoes a process called homogenization. During this process, the lighter fatty portions of the milk rise to the top due to lesser density. Very much like oil and water. The fatty portions are then skimmed and made into a separate product -- cream.

In the olden days (back when there was a milkman and stuff) the cream would sit right at the top of the milk bottle when you got it from the store. People loved to scoop it out and use it on fruit or their favorite deserts. Figuratively speaking, the cream is the more valuable of the two diary products. I had a teacher who used this saying often "the cream always rises to the top."

Throughout my life I've learned the true meaning behind this saying... and experienced the peace it brings when I sit back and just "let the cream rise". This isn't always easy to do. If you know me, you know that I speak my mind and tell it like it is! Some people like it, most don't but I just don't have it in me to "fake it". Regardless, it is at times challenging to sit back and not go on a rampage defending myself and my choices. And don't get me wrong, I am an advocate of defending oneself.. speaking up... I'm all for it! But there are times when it just won't do any good and as my mom would say "you have to let God fight your battles."

Whether or not you believe in God, we can all agree on one thing -- truth, goodness, LOVE will always prevail and be recognized in the midst of all kinds of drama. If you have good intentions, they will eventually shine through no matter who tries to steal your shine.

I was having a conversation with my mom yesterday and she reminded of this. She mentioned specific names of people I have had issues with in my past and said "what happened with him? what happened with her? what happened with them?" She reminded me that when people seek to bring falseness against you, or seek to do harm, they may succeed at first but in the long run the truth will always surface.

And please let me be clear - I am not talking about sitting back and doing nothing either! I'm talking about prayer, forgiveness, letting go and claiming PEACE because life is just too short to dwell on negative things. Make sure your intentions are good and your heart is in the right place and for goodness sake, don't worry so much! The cream will always rise to the top :)

No comments:

Post a Comment