Thursday, October 6, 2011

Venting is often really gossip. And that is not okay

I love a blog called "Mom's Toolbox" it has been very helpful to me on many occasions. I had a post in my draft queue about this topic and I guess it's hard for me to put my thoughts into words because I am still healing.... so rather than screw things up with my own words, I thought I would share Amy's words. You can check out the Mom's Toolbox here.







Scripture: Psalm 101:5

I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors.

I will not endure conceit and pride.

Observation: Gossip is not okay, neither is an inflated ego. And I will not take part in either.

Application: Over the last few days someone irritated me and I shared that with someone else. As much as it may have been just “venting,” it was also gossip.

If I have a problem with someone’s behavior then I need to be a big girl and either talk to that person about it directly or let it go. “Venting” is also often gossiping. And that is slandering my neighbor. And that is wrong.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for again calling this to my attention. What I did was wrong, as minor as it seemed to be at the time. Please continue to forgive me for my error.

Please guide me in going to you when I am frustrated and remind me to seek your guidance, not just complain to another. Venting is not okay when I say anything bad about someone else. True or false, it is gossip. And I don’t want to have any part of that, as you don’t want me to have any part of that.

Thank you for this reminder, Lord. And thank you for your forgiveness of my selfishness.

Related Posts <span class=

Mom

Like what you've read? Subscribe and have it delivered to your inbox everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment