Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Would Like to thank all the Little People... and God, and my Manager

..... Oh my gosh I didn't prepare a speech! I'm blushing! I'm a fumbling dork trying to look cute in this couture gown and walk in these designer stilettos that Carrie Bradshaw lent me... ohh, wait - This isn't the Oscars?! Sorry I guess I got a little carried away... It's just that I checked my email this morning and discovered that I GOT AN AWARD!

Look, I never win anything okay! I mean, besides winning a bottle of chardonnay at a Bingo game in Aruba a few years ago, I never win anything. (Oh I still have that bottle). Anyway, I totally won an award for my blog! Courtesy of my friend Quiana; one-third of the Harlem Love Birds. Her blog is all about her life with her husband and beautiful daughter Nia in Harlem. Not only is it fun to read, her blog has literally been my encyclopedia for everything baby, cloth diapering, nursing, etc. I've learned so much from the Harlem Love Birds so go check them out.

Anyway, so the cool part about this award is I get to
answer some fun questions (the form below), then list 7 random facts about myself, and pass the award on to 10 other bloggers. So exciting! Here we go---


The form

  • Name your favorite song: Hopelessly Devoted to you from Grease
  • Name your favorite dessert: Chocolate chip cookies
  • What pisses you off: Dishonesty and Gossip
  • When you're upset, you: Rant to my husband, Rant to my mom
  • Your favorite pet: I'm a dog person
  • Black or white: Black
  • Your biggest fear: Anything happening to my baby
  • Best feature: My transparency
  • Everyday attitude: This is me - those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!
  • What is perfection: God
  • Guilty pleasure: The Bachelor / The Bachelorette episodes

7 Random Facts About Myself

1) I'm an Excel geek... like, I thoroughly ENJOY spreadsheets. It makes me happy to take a bunch of data and manipulate it so that we can find things out. Like, the percentage of this vs. that or how much we've spent so far, or whatever.

2) I read obsessively. I fight my sleep to read when a book is good. Then I get a little depressed when the story is over and it takes me a few days to get over it. LOL. So sad.

3) My husband and I met on My Space. What?! Don't judge me! Lol

4) I speak English, Spanish and bits of Italian.

5) Marc Anthony is my absolute favorite singer (that voice makes me melt) and if a song of his comes on I will stop whatever I am doing to sing along... especially if it's in Spanish!

6) I'm pretty good cook but I can't bake to save my life. I guess it's an Art vs. Science thing.

7) My Super Power -- playing TABOO. Don't challenge in that game... I cannot be defeated! Muuahahahahaha!

And now I get to spread the love! Here are my awardees:

Lace Garden

Hitting My Stride

Life With The Baxtrons

Mommied Life By Cynthia

A Word with Penelope

Odd Girl Out

The Mom Creative Blog

The Ulmers

The Fatherhood Guide

Kveller - Mayim Bialik

Yay! Thank you to all my fans and the academy for this prestigious honor... See? When it's time to accept my Oscar I will be ready :)




1 comment: