Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Lattes: Getting into the Fall Mood


Right now I am sipping a pumpkin spice latte... my receptionist at work usually gets pumpkin creamer for the coffee around this time of year but she can't seem to find it this year. I sure hope it hasn't been discontinued. I am against spending $5 bucks on a cup of coffee but I had to walk down to Starbucks and splurge. I'm feelin' like Fall today and I've got Fall fashion on my mind.

I ordered myself a pair of brown riding boots and can't wait for them to arrive! I love riding boots probably almost as much as I love flip-flops but not nearly as much as I love Uggs. But besides that, I have no idea what to do about my wardrobe this Fall.

You see, I don't really have "a style" and I am the worst at accessorizing. I have lots of jewelry but I end up wearing the same - pearl studs, diamond studs, silver leaf, silver hoop, then pearl studs again over and over. It's rare that I wear a necklace these days if it isn't my Smart Mom teething necklace. I haven't worn a belt in years and I usually just throw on a black jacket with matching black scarf and call it a day. My style is umm... boring I guess and I want all that to change this year!

I was reading my friend's blog Lace Garden for inspiration and looking at the "Fall Essentials" listed on the different websites of my favorite stores. Here are some of the items I am trying to work into my shopping list:

Riding Boots - I have a decent black pair and a new brown pair. I'd love some in grey, let's see! I'm really not a "shoe girl" and I wear flats mostly because heels and I just don't get along. So riding boots are my fave!

Sweaters - I am a big fan of sweaters because they are comfortable. My goal is to come outside my box of usual earth-tones and simple colors. I would love orange, purple and emerald green sweaters.

Flowy tops - Again, really comfortable! I don't have very many and they are all solids. I want to work up the courage to wear some bold prints. My closet is full of solid color pieces ... I'll admit it, prints scare me!

Leggings- These keep me warm in cooler weather and look cute too. I just can't bring myself to wear leggings with just a shirt though. I feel like I'd be walking around with no pants! I need to wear at least a long tunic or a mini skirt with my leggings.

Scarves - I love solid color pashminas. I need to mix some prints in and I think I will be visiting the street vendors on 5th ave to get some scarves at a decent price.

The main thing I look for when shopping is comfort so I guess that has to change? Sigh.... I wish I could go on What Not To Wear so that Stacy and Clinton can set me straight. Oh well, wish me luck on my Fall shopping guys =)

No comments:

Post a Comment