Saturday, March 12, 2011

Showers of Love! -- my Baby shower was today :)

I thought that I would take to my blog while the emotion is still fresh and while I am still on this incredible "high" from all the love and support that I was surrounded with today. My amazing mom, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and friend planned a beautiful "lunchtime" Baby Shower and I was blown away! More than 60 people came to show their love and celebrate the much anticipated arrival of my little man. I know that many say I am a "mother to be" but with this little guy living and growing inside of me, I can say that I AM a mother... and as a mother, there is nothing more important than when people show their love for my child. How anyone wants to treat me is honestly on the back burner compared to how you treat my son. Today, I saw that my baby is truly LOVED by many and I feel so blessed to know that.

The space was a beautiful, well lit room on the top floor of an apartment building with views of the city below. We could see the Empire State Building from the window! Pretty cool :) They decorated in an adorable monkey theme which is funny cause we call Baby Picon our little "spider-monkey". We played "Hot-banana" (as opposed to hot-potato) to complement the theme. There were baby pictures of me and my husband on all the tables and guest favors were adorable lollipops and lip-balms. My mother-in-law even hand made some adorable monkey ears for me and my husband to wear which were so funny and cute!

Our family was there, our wonderful church family, and some dear friends. The simple act of these people taking the time from their day to come and show their support means more than words can express. Baby Picon got lots of presents that I know will be put to good use!

My favorite part was reading the sincere, touching words that people wrote on cards for us. Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely LOVE cards and I can spend hours in a Papyrus or Hallmark store. There's just something about receiving a card that I enjoy even more than receiving a gift. The words that were shared today are really stuck on my heart and I am so grateful for those who took the time to write out a card for us. One of my friends from church put together a gift basket for us with a poem and pictures of us and a sonogram picture of Baby Picon! How awesome is that? It really means so much when people take time to prepare something... I have never felt so special because I know it's this little person inside of me who is the special one.

Overall, everything was put together in so much detail and I am ALL ABOUT THE DETAILS! So I really, truly appreciate every ribbon that was tied, every gift wrapped, every sentiment expressed and I will forever remember this day.

To my mommy and mother-in-law --> I hope that I can be HALF the mother that you both are! Your sacrificial love and commitment to always be there and go "above and beyond" for us is the greatest blessing in our lives and I know that this has been a trying year for you both but you still made this celebration happen! Baby Picon is so lucky to have you as grandma's. And we are beyond blessed to have you. Love you both so much!

To my sister Jasmine --> The perfectionist! I could see your touches in many of the details today and that's what I love most about you - you show your love in all the details. I know that you put so much heart and love into planning this event and for that I am so grateful. Baby Picon has the best Titi ever! WE love you!

To my wonderful friend Caroline --> Okay, I have to say that I never imagined we'd come to be so close and honestly, when Jay and I were discussing who would be the God-parents, you and Esteban were a "no brainer". Sometimes we think that we know who will be there for us during the milestones of our lives and when they actually come around, we get some awesome surprises! You have been such a good friend and support system throughout this pregnancy and I am confident that our baby will feel your love and support throughout his life as well. I know how much effort went into planning the shower... it was all so wonderful! Thank you so much! I love you :)

For everyone who was there today, I love you all so much! Thank you!

XO,
~A

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I was able to be there to share a little of the happiness you have.. I love you <3

    ~Amanda Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nia and I were honored to be there. I could feel the love in the room =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me there to spend time with you and you unborn fetus AK... it was fun

    ReplyDelete