Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Mine - A letter to my son





Dear Son,

In about 5 weeks, you're scheduled to arrive... but if you're anything like me you will just arrive when you are good and ready! Your Dad and I have been working on your room; the place where you will rest your head and hopefully feel the safest in the world and I can't stop going in just to sit and imagine... imagine your smile, your cries, imagine the sweet look on your face when you are sleeping. I feel you moving inside of me and am so anxious to finally see you and hold you in my arms.

You were our little surprise... we didn't plan for you to be coming but believe me when I say that you are the BEST thing I have never planned and BETTER than anything I have planned too. God knew we were meant to be together and so he sent you on your way! It is my deepest and greatest desire to know you, and love you, and take care of you for as long as I am on this earth. How can I have not yet seen your face but already love you so much? I do. Your father loves you too...

He and I met a few years ago and I instantly saw something special in him. His eyes are the warmest and kindest I have ever looked into. He is good and his intentions are pure... he is everything a real man should be and I want you to always remember that. He might at times disappoint you, but he will always take care of you and lead you in the direction of his heart. This is what he does for me every day. I know this is a trait you will inherit. I hope you have his sense of humor and good nature... if you learn anything from him, learn that it is always best to see the good in others and believe the good before assuming the bad. Learn that life doesn't always have to be serious and some things take time. Laugh as much as you can and be adventurous! Don't let fear hold you back... it's a wasted emotion. On that note, so is worry.... don't worry but believe that things will work out for the best. These are all things your father teaches me and when he teaches them to you -- listen.

If there is anything I can teach you it's to never let go of your FAITH. A relationship with my creator is the only thing that has brought me through in life and I know that it will bring you through as well. Pray and don't be afraid to keep praying. Be creative and expressive when you relate to God... he listens and he will express himself back. Worship is a special "phone line" that connects us to him so I hope you are a worshiper. Read the Psalms and learn about King David because it is the heart of worship that brought him close to God even with all of his flaws. It is the heart of worship that does the same for me. Don't be afraid to express yourself and say what you feel... those who love you won't hold it against you. Those who are meant to be with you will never leave you. Life is short and more than anything you accomplish, your relationships will be what it all comes down to. Do away with bitterness or feelings of resentment... love with all your heart and start by loving YOURSELF. There is only one YOU and anyone meant to be with you will love you for exactly who you are.

Friends will come and go but FAMILY is forever. Be good to your family and appreciate them because they love you. We all love you and can't wait for you to be here. I want to count your little fingers and toes, I want to smell your hair and kiss you a million times... I want to spend a lifetime loving you but God only knows how much time we will have together. Regardless, know that you are the biggest blessing I have ever received and I will forever be grateful.

You are my sunshine...

With all the love in my heart,

Your Mommy


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful...I am over here in tears..Thank you for sharing something so personal an emotional...I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you could experience it with me :) I don't mind being transparent when it touches someone! xo

    ReplyDelete