Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Getaways -- yes, pregnant women can travel !

Before you go crazy and ask "should you be traveling?" I will start off by saying that yes, it is perfectly safe for me to travel until my 7th month of pregnancy and after that it's cool as long as I stay in the country. I don't know why some people think that you can't travel when you're pregnant but it is totally fine. The concern is that towards the end there is a chance you will go into labor... in that case, you don't want to be at a resort in Costa Rica or something. LOL




Anywell - I am trying to take advantage of the next few cold months and visit some fun places. Once the baby comes, there will be no trips for nearly a year and I love, love, love to travel. My husband and I went on a Caribbean cruise in the Spring of this year and it was great! I love traveling with him because we are the same "type" when on vacation -- LAZY. I am not one of those people who gets up at the crack of dawn to see everything and participate in every activity. I like to slowly get out of a peaceful slumber, have some coffee, read the paper and play my day out by ear. One or two museums a day is more than enough and FOOD is super important on vacation. It' s really great because Jay and I don't get on each other's nerves when traveling. We both have the same idea of how a vacation should be - though he does like to "do the activities" a little more than I do. But it's easy to compromise and we always have a good time on our trips.



This month, we are taking some group trips with friends and that is always a nice thing that I enjoy. Even though some of my friends don't have the same traveling style that I do, it's usually great cause I will go to some extra activity and they will meet us for a late breakfast after we sleep in the morning :) I LOVE to go away with our friends and/or family and we really aren't that type of couple that needs to be "joined at the hip" the whole time. I am perfectly fine relaxing at the hotel while he does whatever activity with our friends or visa versa... and we don't need to be on the "same team" for sports and games either! Actually we prefer to be against each other HA! My last "friends" group getaway was to the Poconos in early October. We had "field day games" and it was fun except that I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and still had the morning sickness in full force. Nonetheless we had a great time. Before that, it was a getaway for the 4th of July about two years ago to Lake George. One of my most memorable trips ever!!! So you get the idea!





This weekend, we are driving to Boston with our good friends Esteban and Caroline. Esteban is JJ's best friend for many years and Caroline is his lovely wife and my good friend... Here is a picture of them:






Since Jay and I got married, we've enjoyed the company of others couples (we miss you Danny and Jillene!) and we've had some good times. We have done a weekend getaway to D.C. before so I'm really excited about Boston! We are staying at the Radisson right in the center of the Boston theater district. We are going to hit up the museum of fine arts and the freedom trail. I love museums and historical sites so I'm really excited!!













When we get back from Boston, we are going away to Canada next weekend! This is also a trip with friends - our Symphony Chorus family! We are doing a mini-tour in Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal and going to be singing for audiences out there. We have been part of The Symphony Chorus for 2 years now and this group of people is really a blessing in my life. Not only have my talents developed but I feel that I have grown as a person while being a part of this group. At one time, Jay and I were sort of "in between" churches and this group was our fellowship with other believers. Here is a picture of TSC:


























We've made some life long friends and I'm so excited to pack up on the bus and spend the weekend blessing others through music! We are also going to visit some cool sites, the capitol building and all that stuff so I better get the snow boots ready :)





I definitely can't wait to embark on some new adventures before Baby Picon arrives and next year, he will be joining mommy and daddy on their trips! We must see the world!





xoxo,





~April




No comments:

Post a Comment