Thursday, September 1, 2011

Carmen Juanita Garcia de Rivera

Doesn't that name sound like something you would call a Starlet on Univision or Telemundo? Haha, it's a beautiful name and it belongs to a beautiful woman - my grandmother.






I won't go into much detail, but my grandmother is fabulous at 81 and the amazing caregiver and wife to my grandfather who is 91 and suffers from dementia. She shows me every day what it means to be a loving and faithful wife. I tell my husband all the time that he better be nice to me, or else he's off to the nursing home when he's old! LOL - kidding. My grandma is so devoted to her man and has demonstrated what it means to "love and to cherish in sickness and in health".


Right now, she is in the hospital and the doctors are still running tests but there is some swelling around her heart. I just wanna ask you all to say a little prayer for her... my grandpa misses her and needs her to be home and to tell you the truth, I just couldn't bear to see something happen to my grandmother.


I'm a firm believer in honoring the people we love NOW while we still have them and I guess I just felt like taking to my blog to say that my grandma is the most beautiful, kind, wise, funny, crazy woman I know and I am seriously blessed to have her. She is the coolest grandma ever - she is even on Facebook! Come on, you know that's pretty cool.



Help me pray that she gets better soon... I Love my Wela!



My Grandma and Grandpa





























Wela being silly as usual

























3 comments:

  1. Done and done.

    My middle name is Juanita. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - did you get topic assignments for September?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. Nope, assuming it's open topic until we hear?

    ReplyDelete