Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Birthday: the first recap of many!

I have had no time to blog! There is so much going on in this little life of mine that I am just dying to write about... I wish I could just put the universe on hold for a while and finish up all of the drafted blog posts in my queue. Now that I am over my birthday and Easter, I am on full out - 1st Birthday planning mode for Aiden. We have two weeks! But before that, let me fill you in on how my birthday went... I will hopefully post about Easter too because it was AMAZING but that will take a completely separate post. By the time I get to that, Aiden's party will probably have passed and I will also include a recap of that. So I guess, instead of blogging in real time I will be the "Recap Queen" for the next few weeks. Not my first choice, but I'll do my best. Here is the first recap of many:

My Birthday
I turned the big 2-7 on April 1st! Yes, that is April Fools day *insert joke here* ... can we move on now? ready? LOL okay... so I had a really, really fun birthday. I had really specific ideas about how I wanted to celebrate this year. Last year I was very, very pregnant and only my husband's sneakers fit me. Needless to say I did not want to go out dancing.

I did want to meet up with some friends - specifically my female friends because those relationships have grown to mean so much to me. I have had lots of ups and downs in my friendships and have learned a ton about myself for it. My beautiful friend Lacy organized a little birthday brunch for me at her place and we went out for manis and pedis. The husbands stood home!  We had cupcakes, scones, egg bake, bagels.. it was so yummy! Lacy is super creative and she really did her best to make the day special for me. She is also a super talented person all around so I didn't expect anything less than AWESOME. Check out Lacy's website here.

The coolest part about this for me - all of the girls in my life were able to make it. I have been friends with many of them for a while and it has been a goal of mine to get all these ladies together.. I was so happy it finally happened. A few of the girls really seemed to hit it off which was great. I sat in the room and had so many "aha" moments... There is so much love around me and I am so, so, so, grateful for it. It was a really fun time!

Since my birthday fell on a Sunday this year I would spend the actual day with my church family  and then with my family in the evening.  My husband brought a cake to church and I was surprised with the whole church singing Happy Birthday to me. I really, really love my church family so it was so appropriate to spend my birthday with them.

On Sunday evening we went to my mom's for dinner. She got me beautiful flowers and my aunt came over and cooked my favorite foods. I got another cake there and it was just a very relaxing night with the family.

Overall, I had a great birthday - check out some pics from my girlfriends brunch below:


Lacy's Apartment all decorated for ME.. Thank you friend.

Those are chocolate cupcakes w/ blackberry frosting and homemade blueberry scones!

Thank you all so much for being there for me!




1 comment: