Monday, April 16, 2012

5 Days Until BIRTHDAY!!

Aiden's party is on Saturday and it is going to drive me nuts!! I need a place to just run through and list what I have accomplished so far and what is still missing. What better place than my blog right?

The Ensemble...

Aiden's look for his party - "super hero chic". He is going to be rocking the Carter's birthday onesie with his best pair of jeans and a pair of Chucks. His fun piece will be the Wonder Pets cape! Girls get to wear a birthday tutu or tiara, well Aiden will wear his birthday cape :)
Carter's Birthday Boy Onesie

Red Wonder Pets Cape (Tuck)

Chucks!

The Eatables...

My goal is to keep the menu simple, healthy and kid friendly. I am going to buy water bottles and 100% juice boxes and there may be some potato salad / chicken wings added to this for adults. The cupcakes will really be the only sweets along with whatever candy I decide to put into the favor bags.

Sandwiches

Ants on a Log

Fruit Kabobs

Wonder Pets cupcake toppers - Fondant

This Pic is my inspiration... cupcake tower with Aiden's smash cake on top. We'll see!
The Fun...

We have lots of fun activities planned. There will be a parachute play time, a soft play area for the crawlers, possibly a ball pit and an arts and crafts section. My main focus for this party is the kiddos and making sure they have a great time!

Labels for the kids goodie bags

Each goodie bag will have a Wonder Pets t-shirt for that kid!

We will probably play an episode on the big screen at the church
Aiden's aunt (my very talented sister-in-law) will be painting faces that day

I am going to be putting goodie bags together on Friday night and snacks on Saturday morning. My wonderful friend is helping by taking charge of the decorating and the T-shirts for the kids. My other wonderful friend is going to be our photographer that day and my husband will be putting together a slide show of pictures of Aiden throughout his first year.

I have to admit, I thought those people who planned big 1st birthday parties for their kids were kind of crazy but as I mentioned previously, that was before I became a parent myself and fell in love with this amazing, perfect little boy. I am totally crazy so don't judge me :) His next few birthdays will be super low-key, I promise!


Look at that face! I would do anything for that face!


1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to celebrate with you! Sounds like it will be a fabulous first birthday =)

    ReplyDelete