Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summa Time =)

I was born in California but my whole family will tell you that I am a New York girl :) I love the city, the ability to jump on the subway and go just about anywhere, I love the restaurants, the people and most of all, I LOVE the art in New York City. We have Broadway, museums, fine art fairs all throughout and of course the summer music is the best. I am really excited for Summer!! It's my favorite season because I love to just hang out in casual cargo pants and flip flops for 3 straight months. I am super duper excited and am making my fun summer plans already.


* The Beach! - The two main things that keep my "California girl" side alive are my love for the beach and the Lakers. I love, love, love the ocean and the salty/sandy smell of the beach. I like to lay down right in the sand and ride the waves daring myself to go further and further back as I can find the courage. I love walking on the smooth sand right near the water and squishing my toes in it... I love sunbathing and reading a book with the sound of the waves in the background. This year, I will be rocking my "post baby body" in a cute one piece bathing suit - red and blue stripes from Old Navy.

* The Getaways! - My husband has already planned a little getaway to a bed and breakfast in Long Island for us. It will be our first time away from the little prince overnight. I'm excited for that! We are also going away as a family for my aunt's wedding this month and have a few more getaways in the works! Yay!

* Summer Reads! - Books are so fun during the summer. I am excited to put down the pregnancy and parenting books I've been consumed with and start reading for pleasure again this summer. I've got to read "The Help" before the movie comes out.

*Cookouts! - Several kids birthday parties and family events centered around BBQ this summer. I can't wait. I love food cooked on the grill, Iced-Tea, Lemonade and fruit galore! yummy!

*Iced Coffee! - I am starting to make it at home but will frequent D&D to pick up my favorite iced lattes. It's just a small pleasure that keeps me happy.

*The mani/pedis - I go for manicure and pedicures a lot more often in the summer especially to keep my feet "flip-flop worthy". It is sooo relaxing and I love my little nail spot.

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE thing I am looking forward to this summer ---
*Walks with my precious boy -- I just love taking him out in the stroller and plan to spend lots of time exploring with him. He is so alert already looking around at everything and reaching out to grab things in front of him. I just adore him =)

This Mama is super duper excited for "Summa, summa, summa time" (See Fresh Prince adn Jazzy Jeff song here)

What are some of your favorite things about summer time?

XO,

April

2 comments:

  1. LOVED The Help! Do I see a girls' movie night in our future??? Maybe the hubbies can watch the kids together ;-) Also, God bless JJ for planning a getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm yess! It's a date! I will get to reading :)

    ReplyDelete