Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Yesterday was Father's Day! I had lots of thoughts because for so many years, Father's day was not really a day I looked forward to or got excited about. Since it's always on a Sunday, there is always something special going on at church to recognize Dads. At my old church, I remember that all the fathers were asked to come up for a special prayer with their children... I was about 13 or 14 at that time and I remember just going into the bathroom and staying there until I could be sure this part of the program was over.

As a kid in school, it was hard when we made Father's Day cards and I had no one to bring it home to. I would usually just give it to an uncle or someone I loved like a father but it never felt fun or exciting. As I've gotten older, it has gotten easier to deal with.. but still, I never get excited for Father's Day. This year though, that all changed!

My husband and I were blessed with a beautiful baby boy this year and yesterday, we got to celebrate my husband's first father's day! For weeks I was planning and brainstorming to find the perfect gift and I think it was a success.

I had a personalized guitar strap made for him with our son's footprints, name and DOB printed. He loved it! Check out the pics:



















He also got a homemade breakfast before we headed out to church! It was so nice to do special things to make him happy and I'm so grateful he is the father of my child. The 3 of us enjoyed a special morning alone as a family and Daddy had a great day! yay!

I love my little family!

Hope all the Dad's had a great day too =) Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment