Saturday, April 16, 2011

Waiting...

Okay so I know that less than 10 percent of women deliver on their actual due date, but all this waiting is killing me! Technically, my due date isn't until tomorrow but I keep hoping I'll go in early. I want to meet my baby and I'll also admit it - I am soooo over being pregnant!

It feels like just yesterday when I ran into the bathroom stall at work and took a pregnancy test. I hadn't missed my period yet but my body had already been sending me some obvious signals. I saw two lines show up on the test - positive! That was such an emotional week. We weren't trying to get pregnant so my husband and I were pretty freaked out. Him a lot more than me - ha! But still ... it was pretty unexpected.

I look back now at the last 9 months and can't believe how our lives have already changed. We moved from our tiny apartment right near the subway to a larger, two bedroom in the "burbs" so that we could prepare for the arrival of our boy. We have painted, assembled, decorated, folded and re-folded baby clothes and everything is ready for him. Emotionally, I am so ready to finally see him in person. It's so strange how a woman can fall in love without having even seen her baby's face. But that's all I can say to describe it -- I am in love! I assure you, I did NOTHING to deserve to be so blessed and I am in awe every single day.

The house is clean... the bag is packed... the car seat is set up... baby where are you??!! I've been taking walks around my neighborhood to try and get distracted when I went into my nail salon and saw this nail color called "Baby Boy Blue" -- of course I had to get my nails and toes done right away!

Baby Blue for my Baby Boy :)


Okay so he isn't going to care what color my nails are... or that my hair is done... or that I have makeup on (what?! Just concealer and mascara) But it makes me feel good and now that it's all done I am just waiting... waiting to hold him in my arms.

Ohh now that I think of it, the inside of our car could really use a good cleaning. We don't want baby riding home in a filthy car! Gotta go get on that -- hopefully my next post is a picture of my little one!

X's and O's,




No comments:

Post a Comment