Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Week: My Best Friend, My Mommy ...

She has taught me what it means to love unconditionally... to love sacrificially... to always forgive ... to be strong and courageous ...  My mom is my super-hero!

For most of my life, it was just the two of us... we usually shared a room and I remember countless nights spent snuggled in bed with a bowl of cereal watching a good chick flick. My mom has always been my best friend. She held me up during the most difficult times in my life.

When I came home with a broken heart, she listened to me recount the whole story and let me cry on her shoulder. She never judged me for my imperfections or turned her back on me when other people did...  she was always there, arms wide open and she still is.

When I became a mother, my bond with my own mom only got stronger. I could finally understand the way she loves me and I could finally share that feeling with her. During labor and my difficult recovery, my mom's presence was like a Godsend. She was as she has always been throughout my life -- she was my rock.

I think she is the most beautiful, kind, strong, fierce woman I know... she cries during sappy movies and when her car breaks down, she doesn't pull out her cell phone -- she gets out and looks under the hood! She is soft and nurturing but she is also tough and a force to be reckoned with.

I will always treasure our times together... our long talks, our times watching Lifetime movies or singing along with the radio in the car... on this Mother's day, I just want to say that I am so grateful for the amazing woman who is my mommy.. and I am beyond blessed to have her in my life. She is the best mom to me and grandma to my son .. and I simply could not be where I am without her.

Mommy, I love you so much.. Happy almost Mother's Day!

The Lamboys =) She is the glue that has held us together

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, April. May God continue to bless and keep her. Happy belated Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete